helm switches

Forum for those owners restoring a Fairline.
bob54

helm switches

Post by bob54 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:02 pm

I have just purchased a Fairline Targa 31 in Torrevieja international marina. The switches on the helm for nav lights etc are not marked as to what they do. To save me the laborious task of searching what they have turned on could any of you good people tell me what the switches are for so I can mark them.Thank you Oh and one other thing is there a switch to join the batteries together incase of one being flat and using the other bank to start an engine? The year of my boat is 1993.

Russ McDermid

Re: helm switches

Post by Russ McDermid » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:58 pm

bob54 wrote:
    Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:02 pm
    ... is there a switch to join the batteries together incase of one being flat and using the other bank to start an engine? The year of my boat is 1993.
      When my battery crossover switch failed, it turned out that the replacement was available at a Motor Parts shop, and was just a simple car starter solenoid, (presumably for quite an old model car). I imagine it would be a simple job to fit and wire in if you don't have one .. making up the high amperage cables with the right terminals would probably be the hardest task.
      Fairline Targa 34 "Fairplay"