Hello to everybody

Please read.
docker

Hello to everybody

Post by docker » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:41 pm

Just another newb popping on to say hello. I hope to learn lots about Fairline both as a boat and a forum. Eventually, hopefully, learning enough to be able to contribute too. Really looking forward to my time on here.

Murv

Re: Hello to everybody

Post by Murv » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:27 am

Welcome to the forum!

docker

Post by docker » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:56 am

Hi Murv, thank you. So sorry I think I missed your post, I think I need to sort out the notification side of things. Still trying to find a boat (strike that) a Fairline that fits within my budget, they are pretty thin on the ground at the moment. It's the usual situation, everybody wants top dollar and I want the most boat that I can get for my money.

Murv

Post by Murv » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:26 pm

No problem at all! I don't think there is much in the way of notifications in all honesty.
Best of luck with your search, it seems that prices have really jumped this year, the dealer who sold me mine nearly 5 years ago actually called me to ask if I wanted to sell as they're struggling to find decent boats and the prices have rocketed!
No doubt things will be back to normal very soon.
What sort of Fairline are you after?

docker

Post by docker » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:41 am

Hi Murv, I've been looking for a 36 sedan, there are a couple for sale that are out of my range now, if I had been in a position to pounce 6 months ago I would have been in a far better position to pick something up late 80's for less than the £50k+ that the owners are looking for now. But they seem to be realising those figures so fair play to them, just unfortunate timing on my part.
Last edited by docker on Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Murv

Post by Murv » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:16 pm

Mine is a Turbo 36, so the same hull and it sounds as if the sedan's are holding similar high values.
Unfortunately I don't know the boat, may be worth asking on the YBW forum, there is usually somebody there that knows of most boats out there!

https://forums.ybw.com/index.php?forums ... -forum.14/

docker

Post by docker » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:29 pm

Thanks Murv. I decided to take the step this afternoon of booking Matt from "Marine Team" in Penarth to take a look at the engines. That is an obvious deal breaker if there are any major issues so if I get that looked at first I can save myself the other half of the survey process.
It's definitely going to be something of a project if I end up taking it on. I'll let you know how the cursory engine inspection goes.

Murv

Post by Murv » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:59 am

Excellent, hope all goes well!

docker

Re: Hello to everybody/36 Sedan

Post by docker » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:16 am

Hi Murv, back on the hunt again. The 36 Sedan in Cardiff needed £9600 spending on one mechanical issue alone. Issues on a 30 + year old boat are to be expected but my offer to share the cost of that particular repair and pay for the rest myself was not accepted, making it a rather expensive 34/35 year old boat, so I thought it wise to keep looking.
Although in fairness to the vendor, by the time that half of that repair was taken away from my accepted offer and the brokers took their share it must have been hard for him to swallow, making it impossible to find a place financially that suited both of us.

Super disappointing, and not without costs, but money well spent I think.