Wireing from lazerete to steering consol

The place for Fairline discussions!
Barry C

Wireing from lazerete to steering consol

Post by Barry C » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:47 pm

Help can any early Corniche 31 owners 1985 . Need to run a cable from lazeret to clocks above steering position. Does the panel above the helm position port side , appears to have capped screw at one end forward . Has anybody run cables down port side of this model .
Also to run cables from interior helm position to fly bridge assume they will run up the port side .

Many thanks Barry C

simonbdobson

Re: Wireing from lazerete to steering consol

Post by simonbdobson » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:38 pm

Barry

I have a 1991 Sedan 36. The cables (elec & pushpull & steering pipes) up to the flybridge run up the column between the front and rear side windows on the stbd side. There’s a removable panel that covers it.

HTH
Simon
Simon & Jane Dobson

Barry C

Post by Barry C » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:45 pm

Many thanks Simon my steering is on the port side in main cabin but appears to have a removable panel just aft of the steering position will investigate weekend
Cheers Barry C .

simonbdobson

Post by simonbdobson » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:55 pm

Barry

I have a 1991 Sedan 36. The cables (elec & pushpull & steering pipes) up to the flybridge run up the column between the front and rear side windows on the stbd side. There’s a removable panel that covers it.

HTH
Simon
Simon & Jane Dobson

geotechnic

Post by geotechnic » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:00 pm

Hi Barry

You can get the cable along the port side from the lazarette over the bulkhead and along the top of the fuel tank, same run as the hydraulic steering pipes. To get if up above the steering you need to take the panel off below the throttles which give access the the channel that runs up between the windows. To get to the top of this you can remove the side facia board above the windows

Hope this helps

Barry C

Post by Barry C » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:47 pm

Many thanks geotechnic , had some thoughts on the same lines as upper panels do unclip will try at my earliest

Great thanks for advice Barry C .