Fairline Club Cruises

Post a message here if you'd like to meet up with other Fairline motor boat owners.
tamarind

Fairline Club Cruises

Post by tamarind » Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:03 pm

Hello all fellow fairliners. I recently went on a fairline club cruise Starting at Nab towwer off the isle of wight across to Cherbourg on friday. Saturday to Guernsey Sark and in the afternoon down to Jersey. The club organised a dinner in a excellent restaurant at Jersey which was thoroughly enjoyed by all. We found that cruising with the club to the c/isles has given us confidence to travel across the channel on our own ,great experience. We keep our targa 30/33 at port solent,been there couple of years great place for a beer or ten shame about the lock. Always avoid returning on Sunday 4-5 pm unless it's freeflow.If you want to have chat about boats and bits we're on pontoon M

Barryjl

Post by Barryjl » Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:45 pm

I was interested to see your posting about the Fairline cruise. I have recently become a Fairline owner (1985 Sunfury) and would like to know how I can get involved in cruise like this. Could you let me know - thanks.

tamarind

Post by tamarind » Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:05 pm

Glad to hear you are interested in the fairline cruise. You can join the fairline club by going onto peters plc site (biggest fairline agent in uk). The guy who runs it is John Murch. They run from Chichester but the boats come from all over the s/coast and range from Sprints to Squadrons. Also MBM magazine run a cruising club but you have to pay for every trip. With the fairline club you discounted parts, labour and chandlery etc. How do you like your sunfury? I had a carerra a few years ago very good sea boats

Barryjl

Post by Barryjl » Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:18 am

Thanks for your reply - will go to the Peters site and sign up.

Yes, I really like the Sunfury - it seems an excellent sea boat and is in great condition given its age (1985). I hope to re-power her at the end of the season with new deisels and then enjoy some extended cruising.

I appreciate you getting back to me and hope to see you at some time - where are you berthed? - We're on the Hamble.

Thanks again. Barry.