Hello from Florida!!

Please read.
Lotabob

Hello from Florida!!

Post by Lotabob » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:11 pm

Hi

I’ve just joined the forum and am currently living in Florida, we were members of the Fairline club when it was based in Chichester and enjoyed many of the club “events “ which usually involved copious quantities of “adult beverages “🤪 . And met with some great people, we are now in the process of moving back to the UK next year and are hoping to get another boat, not sure yet which one, but we’ll be along the south coast, so hopefully we’ll get to make new friends and get reacquainted with our old ones.

Take care all

Bob

lifelongfairline

Re: Hello from Florida!!

Post by lifelongfairline » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:14 pm

Hello Bob.

The good old days when BA Peters and CYB really were "Port Fairline". We had a Sunfury and then the Targa 33 in those days, always good fun running for freeflow! Then back for a mooch in the Chandlers searching through the Fairline spares. Then Drinks at the Spinnaker with Conrad & Gill. I was around the area again only the other week, the marina has changed around a little, though John Murch (who I'm sure you knew from the club) still works in a shop in the marina a day or so per week - lovely chap. Mandy (ex BA Peters) can also be found locally - so while time moves on, some of the old crew are still around, and I'd sure a few of the original members can still be found. We have up sized and down sized boats since, and now prefer to tow a boat to explore new areas, though we should be back in "Port Fairline" for a few weeks next year.

Si
Trailed Sprint Diesel "Smokey".