Squad 43 or Phant 42

The place for Fairline discussions!
Trevor

Squad 43 or Phant 42

Post by Trevor » Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:03 pm

Hi there this is my first post hope I get it right. I am just arranging to see several boats, two Squadron 43's and three Phanthom 42's over a long weekend. I am a fairly experianced motorboat person but this is my first move into something as big or expensive as a 43 or 42. I have done extensive research into both boats and really can not decide on which to go for. For 200K + I get a six or seven year old squad 43 or a 3-4 year old 42 phanthom. I know there is alot more kit on the squadron hence the older boat, but am I getting a better boat with the 43, is the sea keeping etc as good for each, is the performance much the same, does the squadron need more power to get the same performance being slightly heavier (I think). Which will depreciate faster or offers the best value for money. We intend to do most of our cruising around the Irish Sea and being based in the Isle of Man gives us the opportunity to go in any direction, Scotland, England, Ireland or Wales, but we do get some nasty weather and a horrible short chop in anything over a five.

Any advice from anyone would be extremely helpful, our viewing trip is in two weeks from the 24th July 04.

Many thanks, Trevor :?: