How's the weather

The place for Fairline discussions!
plat

How's the weather

Post by plat » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:16 pm

Hi all,
I live in the lower part of central Canada or Eastern Ontario. We are having a unusually cold winter so far. There are no signs that it is going to let up and they (whoever "they" are) are predicting a long cold winter. No one is talking global warming. I have to go down to the "32" every few days and brush snow or ice off the tarp. Fly bridge boats are difficult to cover with the long sweep up to the bridge.

I would like to hear what other members are experiencing (as to weather) in their respective countries this winter, even the warmer countries.

Paul

Tony

Post by Tony » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:47 pm

Hi Paul

Central Scotland is cool but nothing near the temps you are experianceing.
Light snow fall here last weekend and I believe some south of the border.
However Ive also heard we are in for a cold winter,and this is based on the number of red berries on tress?
Also migratry birds from have arrived supposedly early from Siberia which according to folk means a hard winter.
When my local canal freezes over it'll be cold.

Tony
A liitle grease goes a damn site further than none at all. www.fairlineholidayclub.co.uk

David Norman

Post by David Norman » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:19 pm

In Guernsey, Channel Islands ( Europe) today it is very cold for time of year 4 deg c and the last two weeks we have had strong winds up to 75mph and wet but otherwise the autumn ( fall) was far better than a wet and windy summer here.

Bosun

Post by Bosun » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:39 pm

Hi Paul
South East England is a bit colder than the last year or two. Down to -4c last week over night which is unusual in December. At least it isn't raining at present and none forecast. We use our boats over the Winter so they are not Winterised. Just keep a bit of heat in them to keep the frost out. It must be a nightmare for you guys