Sprint 21 Sea Toilet

The place for Fairline discussions!
Crock41

Sprint 21 Sea Toilet

Post by Crock41 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:52 am

My recently purchased Sprint 21 is currently fitted with a sea toilet.
I would like to convert and intend to fit a holding tank
Could anyone share details if their boat has been similarly converted
I believe a holding tank was an original optional extra

lifelongfairline

Re: Sprint 21 Sea Toilet

Post by lifelongfairline » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:05 am

Looking at the price lists and brochures, holding tanks throughout the Sprints build life for the full Fairline range were by quotation only - so no details. I've surveyed many sprints and not yet seen a holding tank - the inland boats are usually fitted with Thetford 365's.it was easier on the carrera, sunfury, t27 etc due to the aft berth leaving space outboard.to run the hose.

On my sprint, I would doubt it possible to get the waste hose into the engine compartment - space is very tight and access very restricted outboard to starboard (I doubt there is space or enough access to the starboard side of the fuel tank for the hose - but you might be lucky). It may be possible to cut the bulkheads / ribs under the fuel tank and run under- but I really really wouldn't. You might get away with a small tank under the aft berth though running the vent and pump out hoses will be intrusive - though having experience of many hundreds of holding tanks - i-d cap the seacocks and fit a chemical type loo TBH. Even a remote cassette type (I.e Dometic ) might work but the chem loo will be a lot less trouble).

Cheers.