Fuel gauge

Forum for those owners restoring a Fairline.
LanzaBoy38

Fuel gauge

Post by LanzaBoy38 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:18 pm

I have a targa 38 2010
The fuel gauges have stopped working
The box that changed the bolts to oms was faulty
This is apparently now repaired.
However still no guage the needle goes to full periodically for a second then drops back to the empty position
Can anyone tell me if they have had this problem or do I need to do something like re calibration.

Chris

Breakwater

Re: Fuel gauge

Post by Breakwater » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:59 pm

Maybe not same issue, but a previous owner had some bodger onboard to replace both level senders on my 2008 T38. Not only did they install the wrong versions, which currently show full when empty and vice-versa, they use cheapo automotive crimp connectors instead of the typical shureseal devices that would have been good practice. They intermittently come adrift, and show empty, in my case. sounds like the same bodger fixed yours. Push him in the harbour if you ever meet him, please.

I have my own question. Why does Fairline default the port engine to opposite tank? This seems to be commonplace in aeronautical industry, but I can't fathom any reason fro doing this.

It's especially confusing as the left and right analogue gauges indicate levels in port and stbd. tanks as you would expect, whereas the digital engine gauges show the tank that the engine is using by default.